Recent stats state that 65% of couples cheat at some point or other. Now cheating can mean different things to different people. For some, it is the physical act itself with someone whilst for others, it can be as simple as messaging someone behind your partners back. Whatever it might be for you, the impact can be devastating on so many levels.
In my podcast this week, I share tips on how you can overcome an affair and rebuild your relationship stronger than before.
In a nutshell, you need to:
- Be completely open and honest about the affair in as much detail as possible.
- Cut all ties with the person you were having the affair with and focus all your energy on rebuilding your relationship.
- Focus on building the trust again in little ways every day
- Take full responsibility for the affair and don’t apportion blame
- Understand what caused your relationship to break down that an affair ensued
- Forgiveness does not happen overnight but rather over time
- Healing is a process and healing comes from forgiving
- Commit together to make the necessary changes to rebuild your relationship
There are only a few seats left on my upcoming Building Relationships workshop on 25 Feb 2017, you can book your seat here!
Follow me on social media here: