On this episode, the Ladies of NYAC Podcast and special guest Sinafik (@sinafikb) from Ethiopia talk Feminism, traditional gender roles, feminist heroes, misogynistic cultural practices and surprisingly feminist ones. Sinafik also shares with us some rad things you may not have known about Ethiopia.
• Nigeria’s Rejected Gender Equality Bill – qz.com/639763/nigerian-lawma…bible-and-sharia-law/
• Ozzy Etomi’s Commentary on bill rejection – medium.com/human-development-p…cc04793d#.cmah49sri
• Chimamanda Adichie’s We Should All Be Feminists – www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg3umXU_qWc
• Why We Smile at Men Who Sexually Harass us – medium.com/mshannabrooks/why-w…eb90ed30#.s320nk3en
• Audre Lorde’s Master’s Tools – collectiveliberation.org/wp-content/u…rs_Tools.pdf
• Her Story Ethiopian Commercial – www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2lkl2W-aAg
• Instagram Account ByeFilipe – www.instagram.com/byefelipe/
• Ill-informed article that we gave the side eye – thenakedconvos.com/i-love-feminini…ender-equality/
• Twitter Hashtags #MasculinitySoFragile and #YouOKSis
Show was mixed by Ifeoluwa Olokode, and theme music is “Ayo” by the über talented Femi Leye.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/260513500″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=true&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]