Inspired by Chimamanda Adichie’s Danger of a Single Story TED Talk, we examine Afropolitanism and discuss whether or not it’s the new Single Story about Africa. We discuss the relatively new concept as it relates to Afro-Pessimism and Pan-Africanism. Is Afropolitanism a social movement? A political one? Does it matter?
What we are currently watching/reading/listening to:
– Minority Report (The Movie)
– Anthony Doerr’s All the Light We Cannot See
– Aziz Ansari’s Modern Romance
– Abraham Verghese’s Cutting for Stone
– Kristin Kimball’s The Dirty Life
– The web series An African City, Gidi Up and Shuga
– Falz’s Stories That Touch album
The show was mixed by Ifeoluwa Olokode, and theme music is “Ayo” by the über talented Femi Leye.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/243448139″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=true&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]